terms & conditions
Where the name The House of Upcycling appears this may also refer to #Upcycled Hour or in full or part.
By using this site you are agreeing to respect the copyright and all other rights of ownership of The House of Upcycling and other contributors to the Website. You must not copy, download, transmit, reproduce, print or otherwise exploit any of the material contained on the Website other than for your own enjoyment and non-commercial use. Except where it is acknowledged to be the work of a contributor to the website i.e. where The House of Upcycling is promoting on behalf of a third party, the copyright in all the text, graphics, photographs and other material on this Website and all such material that subsequently appears on the site is copyright The House of Upcycling and all rights are reserved. The photographs on the Website have been taken and provided from various sources and copyright is reserved to them (or to The House of Upcycling).
As a visitor to the site, you agree to use it for lawful purposes only so as not to infringe the rights of any other person and so as not to restrict or inhibit any one else's use and enjoyment of it. This includes not harassing any person or causing distress to any person by using obscene or offensive language or language that in any way breaks the law and not disrupting the normal flow of dialogue between users of the Website. We will use our endeavours to prevent such material from appearing on the Website but if you find anything on the Website offensive, please report it to us and we will do our best to rectify things as soon as possible.
We have endeavoured to ensure that all information and content on the Website is accurate and complete but we reserve the right to update and otherwise revise the content of the Website from time to time but we make no warranty or representation as to the accuracy or reliability of any information and content on the Website, or as to the uninterrupted availability of the Website or that use of the Website will be free from viruses or harmful or destructive elements. We cannot be held liable for any loss, whether direct or indirect incurred as a result of reliance on information and content appearing on the Website or from your use of the Website, except where resulting from our negligence.
THIRD PARTY SITES and LINKS
Our site may contain hyperlinks to other websites owned and operated by other parties. We are not responsible for the content and operation of these websites including any viruses or destructive elements in such websites and we do not endorse any such websites, any material contained on such sites or any products or services offered by them.
The House of Upcycling is the trading name for #Upcycled Hour, registered address 8A South Street, Rochford, Essex SS4 1BQ (contact email: email@example.com). We like to be as transparent and accurate as possible but sadly we are not perfect. If you feel we have got something wrong, please email us with details and we will do our best to put it right as soon as possible.
INSTAGRAM COMPETITIONS RULES
Competitions on Instagram are Sweepstakes/Promotions: winning a prize is based on chance, there is no requirement to pay and selecting a winner is completely on a random basis.
To enter a competition each entrant must:
follow (or be following) the Instagram accounts of The House of Upcycling and any account who is providing prizes for the competition
like the competition post
tag a friend
Competitions are open to those aged 18 and over who must reside in the UK
Competitions are administered by The House of Upcycling and all decisions as to the winner will be final
Competitions have one prize and no substitute will be offered
The prize will be sent to the winner on an individual basis by the prize or prizes giver or givers
The winner will be announced on Instagram as indicated in the competition post
Competitions are not in association or sponsored by Instagram.
MEMBERS (ASSOCIATES) & INDUSTRY PARTNERS
Terms and conditions for Members and Industry Partners are provided at the point of joining under separate cover however if you require additional copies, please contact The House of Upcycling for full terms and conditions. Terms and conditions may from time to time be updated.
Inclusion of a sole trader or company's details on the Industry Partnership page, in the Directory of Upcyclers, Showroom or Interiors Services pages or any other page of the Website are not to be construed as recommendations by The House of Upcycling to purchase from, use the services of or commission any person or business mentioned therein; any description is the author's opinion only and its accuracy should always be confirmed by anyone wishing to enter into a contract with Members or Industry Partners to ensure the standard of workmanship, products and services offered are acceptable to the individual.
The House of Upcycling does not conduct a specific background check on Members or Industry Partners nor oversees their business activities. We have no control over the quality, safety, morality, legality or insurance position of any goods or services they offer for sale or the accuracy and completeness of any statements, recommendations or instructions contained in the listings on this Website. As such, we do not make any warranties or representations in relation to the goods or services listed on behalf of Members or Industry Partners. In particular, we do not warrant or represent that items sold or services offered by Members or Industry Partners are suitable in any way including condition or comply with any representations made in the relevant listing or that Members or Industry Partners have the right to provide services or goods to the customer. Any visitor to this Website by using the site agrees that it is his/her sole responsibility to check, confirm and satisfy him/herself as to the accuracy of any information provided herein. We disclaim all liability in this regard.
The GDPR has far-reaching implications for all citizens of the European Union and businesses operating within the EU, regardless of physical location. Any business that holds personal data of EU citizens can be held accountable under the GDPR. Data that falls under the General Data Protections Regulation:
Social media posts
The GDPR applies to both controllers and processors. A controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data whilst a processor is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller. The House of Upcycling acts both as a controller and processor of data.
Individuals have the right to be informed under Article 13 and 14 about our lawful basis for processing. The lawful bases for processing are set out in Article 6 of the GDPR. At least one of these must apply whenever personal data is processed. The House of Upcycling processes data in accordance with (a) and (b) detailed below:
(a) Consent: the individual has given clear consent for us to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
(b) Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract we have with the individual, or because they have asked you to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
HOW THE HOUSE OF UPCYCLING USES DATA
We collect data to:
make contact with our Members and members of the general public who contact us, via email, newsletter, letter, landline, mobile phone and social media
facilitate Membership including providing data on our website and in social media, for promotion of Members’ products and services to other parties and inclusion in other promotional media
generally operate our professional upcycler and Industry Partner memberships
HOW THE HOUSE OF UPCYCLING PROTECTS DATA
All office devices - computers, tablets, and mobile phones - are password protected when not in use.
We do not share data with any outside parties unless we make the owner of the data aware we are doing this
The House of Upcycling is, where possible, a paperless office, therefore no physical files are kept with personal details
All external accounts including PayPal and Wix, where personal data is stored, are password protected.
All Members are asked to sign and return a document, which clearly states how and why their data is collected and what it is used for. They are also provided with an easy method of requesting removal of their data.
THE HOUSE OF UPCYCLING CONFIRMS THAT
We' review the purposes of our processing activities and select the most appropriate lawful basis for each activity.
We check that the processing is necessary for the relevant purpose, and are satisfied that there is no other reasonable way to achieve that purpose.
We document our decision on which lawful basis applies to help us demonstrate compliance.
We include information about both the purposes of the processing and the lawful basis for the processing in our Website Privacy Notice.
1. Some Workshops will require full payment which is non-refundable whilst others may request a deposit which may be refundable or non-refundable. It is necessary therefore for you to check the details at the time of booking to ensure that you are aware of which payment system applies.
2. If a deposit whether refundable or non-refundable is required then the balance of the cost of the Workshop will be due four weeks before the workshop starts. If full payment is not received by the specified dates as provided in the booking details we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled and retain the deposit.
3. Notwithstanding that some Workshops may require full payment at the time of booking, if a booking is made less than six weeks prior to the date of Workshop, the full cost of the Workshop is payable at the time of booking.
4. Any cancellation made in the 4 week period prior to the trip will mean that we retain the total cost of the workshop unless your place is sold on. If your workshop place is sold and the booking comprises a deposit and balance payment we will retain only the deposit and the balance will be refunded.
5. Cancellations are accepted however each Workshop will have its own cancellation policy and you must check this at the time of booking to make sure you understand the terms & conditions of cancellation for the Workshop you book.
6. Receipt of a deposit, balance payment or full fee for a Workshop does not imply acceptance of a booking. We will confirm our acceptance of the booking by direct message, email or via any other form of communication that has been used by the person booking and The House of Upcycling and it is at the time we send out this confirmation that a contract comes into existence between us.
7. Payments should be completed before the day of the Workshop.
8. The House of Upcycling reserves the right to cancel any Workshop. Should a cancellation become necessary, you will have the choice of accepting the change or taking part in an alternative workshop (where this is of a lower price we will refund the difference) or withdrawing from the contract and accepting a refund of all monies paid.
9. We reserve the right to substitute a Workshop Host if the person advertised in this role is unavailable on the day of the Workshop and no refund will be payable.
10. We reserve the right to change any of the prices, services or other particulars of a Workshop before we enter into a contact with you. If there is a change we will notify you before we enter into such a contract.
11. If you have any special dietary or other requests you should inform us of these prior to attending a Workshop. We will advise the relevant supplier of your requirements, but we cannot guarantee that such requests will be met and will have no liability to you if such requests are not met.
12. Some of the Workshops we host may require a degree of flexibility on timings, speakers or other elements of the Workshop as advertised. For this reason the outlined itinerary and Workshop description must be taken as an indication of what may take place on the Workshop and not as a contractual obligation on the part of The House of Upcycling.
13. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the location and venue provided is adequately suitable for them. Health and Safety regulations applicable to the venue are the customer’s responsibility. The House of Upcycling accepts no responsibility for any losses, accidents or damages that occur during a workshop at the fault of the furnishings, materials or any other items belonging to or on loan from the venue or organising hosting the Workshop alongside The House of Upcycling. We do not accept responsibility or liability for death, bodily injury or illness caused to you or any other person included on the booking form during the Workshop or as a result of taking part in the Workshop.
14. In no event shall The House of Upcycling be liable for any lost data or content, lost profits or revenue, business interruption or damage to goodwill (in each case whether direct or indirect) or any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, exemplary or punitive loss. In any event the maximum liability to you for any claim arising (whether in contract, negligence, tort or otherwise) from a Workshop shall be limited to the applicable fee paid in respect of the Workshop that is the subject matter of the claim.
15. Our Workshops and the supporting materials related to them are prepared solely for training and educational purposes and are not a substitute for legal or professional advice. Neither The House of Upcycling nor its Workshop Facilitators, will accept responsibility for loss howsoever occasioned to any person or persons arising from any reliance; including reliance on any content for the purposes of giving advice to third parties.
16. We accept no responsibility for cancellation of workshops due to Force Majeure. Force Majeure is unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control including fire, flood or adverse weather conditions.
17. Copyright and all intellectual property rights in Workshops and materials remain the property of The House of Upcycling.
18. By participating in a Workshop, you consent to The House of Upcycling using any video recordings or photographs taken during the Workshop, along with any quotes made by you, for marketing purposes.
19. You may take video recordings and photographs during a Workshop however if these are used for commercial purposes, The House of Upcycling must be credited.
20. By paying the deposit, balance or full fee, you are agreeing to accept all the above conditions. The person who pays the deposit for a group booking does so on behalf of all the individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.
No provision of these Terms & Conditions may be enforced by a third party under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
If for any reason any term of these Terms & Conditions becomes invalid or unenforceable, the remaining terms remain valid and enforceable.
Regardless of the location of a Participant who visits the Website, takes part in a competition or a Workshop or joins The House of Upcycling as a Member or Industry Partner or their organisation, these Terms & Conditions will be exclusively governed by, and construed under, the laws of England and Wales. In the event of any dispute, the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Any complaints should be emailed to us with full details in the first instance and will receive a response within seven days of receipt from The House of Upcycling,